The Magic of Time
Time, there never seems to be enough of it. We all find ourselves saying that. Somehow more often than not time just seems to get away from us. It does not always need to be that way.
1. Rome was not built in one day.
In a society of the information super highway, we have grown used to the ability of getting the information we need immediately when we want it. Because of that we expect to start new things and see immediate results. So many people start new things and quit before they even really gave it a chance because they are not seeing results right away. Discouraged they do not think they will ever change or see the result they want.
The truth is no lasting change will happen overnight. Lasting change happens gradually over time. It starts out with that one small change you make today and compounds over time to create a massive and extraordinary result.
A prime example of the Magic of Time is the Grand Canyon. The Grand Canyon is the result of a small stream of water slowly but surely eating little bits and pieces of the rocks and dirt from the earth. The result is an astoundingly breathtaking natural canyon that is famous across the globe.
2. Break it down…
You have huge goals and they may seem almost impossible. Stop looking at the big picture. Break the huge goal into small bite-sized easily achievable goals. Here is what you need to do.
- Write down your Ultimate Goal.
- Write down your Checkpoints or Medium Goals that will lead you to your Ultimate Goal.
- Then write down the action items that will lead you to make your medium goals.
- After some time you will be amazed how much you have accomplished.
When you have small checkpoints to shoot for and when you make them it will make the larger goal all the more attainable. You will also feel incredibly amazing when you crush those goals like they are nothing!
3. How do I find more time?
As we discussed before time is precious but magical and it always seems to be slipping away. Here are a few quick and easy things you can do to give you more time for the things you want to do.
- Get up earlier- it could be as simple as 30 extra minutes but you will be amazed how much more you get done.
- Schedule everything – If it is not on your calendar then you do not do it. But be flexible. Sometimes you have to make adjustments.
- Make time for you – No one can give from an empty well. Make sure to schedule time for you to feed your soul.
- Go to bed earlier – Listen to your body and do what it is telling you. Yes sometimes this is not possible, but how many times have you stayed up later just cause you wanted me time. If you are scheduling me time, then you should be able to go to bed earlier too.
- Be authentic – What? What does that have to do with time sucking? Well, if you are being your most authentic self, time will move exactly the way it should and you will be a happier you.